Friday, February 6, 2009

Affordable Luxuries

I used to shop all the time before the "kids" came along. Now most of my limited income is spent on vet bills, dog food and whatever else they need, like this adorable toy I bought Mugzy for his 12th birthday from My Doggie & Me. I can't remember the last time I bought a new outfit or pair of shoes, which people who knew me 10 years ago wouldn't believe.

Don't get me wrong, I still love to shop but do it mostly online now and ALWAYS on some funky soap, cream or sparkly bauble, never clothing! I call them my little affordable luxuries. They don't cost a lot (most under $10) but they really make you feel like a million bucks. If you don't believe me order something from any of my favorite shops and tell me I'm wrong ;)
Sweet Pea Soap from The Fuzzy Bunny
This was one of my first soap purchases and it's lasting forever! $4.50 gets you this sweet, almost candy-like, summery scent of fresh sweet pea blooms all wrapped up in a bar. It has small dried flower buds mixed in that act as a mild exfoliant. Wonderful winter pick me up and a sign that spring can't be too far away....
All soapmaking at Fuzzy Bunny is overseen by Lenni and Oxtoby the bunnies who I'm sure invented the lettuce soap. Lettuce soap? Silly bunnies...
We love their ginger peach lip balm too.

FROSTED CUPCAKE WHIPPED SHEA AND ALOE BODY CREAM from Hendrick's Hearth
Lauren is a stickler for quality ingredients and she is responsible for what I'm sure will be my newest addiction. At $6.25 for a big 8 oz jar, you can't afford NOT to try this amazing cream. Can't you just smell the buttery frosting?
She also has a line of really pure hair products that I'm dying to try.
Lauren, I will be calling you from cupcake rehab!


MINT CHOCOLATE CHIPS FOAMING WHIPPED SUGAR SCRUB
Melissa whips up these colorful sugar scrub/cream soaps that are SO happy! She also makes lotions & body mists and you can throw your own house party with her products and she'll supply all the yumminess!

You can visit her online to read more about hosting your own Skin Candy party.

Vanilla Pear Shealoe Butter from The Scent Diva
I asked for a THICK, I mean thick cream to use on my poor overworked hands and tootsies so Angi worked her magic on this deliciously scented jar of shealoe butter for me. Pure heaven in an 8oz jar and the best $12.50 I've spent in a while. You MUST try it. Angi also sent me a free sample of her Dark Rapture perfume oil and it's on the list of *next thing to buy*.
She makes beautiful wickless candles, bar soaps and more, all the while chasing her 4 kiddies around while her hubby is off serving in Iraq. THANK YOU for you and your family's sacrifices Angi, and for this amazing cream. I'm hooked.
Even Richer Eye Cream from Alex Mironov who says, "My eye cream is designed to moisturize the under eye area without extorting money from you."

THANK YOU, Alex! The last time I bought eye cream it was a small fortune.
This delicate yet rich cream is infused with green tea, shea butter and Vitamin E to keep the delicate eye area protected. It is fragrance free and vegan.
At $5 (YES, I said $5) for this o.65 oz jar I feel like I'm stealing it from her! Alex also makes lovely lampwork beads, fragrances and soaps.

Cotton Facial Scrubbies from The Crocheted Baby
If you've been shopping with me you have all these fun soaps... don't ya need a little hand crocheted "sponge" too? Are these not fabulous?
$6.75 gets you TWO of these 3.5" double thick 100% SUPER soft cotton puffs to use on your face & body. Look at all those ridges, great for lifting away tired, winter skin! Several colors available too like lemon yellow, white and my fav, sweet green.
Mine are on *The List* and I can not WAIT to try them.
Pam makes adorable baby items too, if you should happen to have one of those ;)
I hope you will try some of these fun, ridiculously affordable finds. All are on Artfire, my new favorite haunt. Surely it will be yours too.

3 comments:

  1. Soaps are a favorite little luxury for me. This Sweet Pea soap is a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, these are such great recommendations. The soaps look good enough to eat, and I'm eying the eye cream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped in to check on your Rapid Cart and looks great!! Wonderful soaps!

    ReplyDelete