Monday, July 4, 2016

The next phase...

A lot has happened since I last posted. I lost both of my precious Italian greyhound children, Valentino in April 2015 at almost 17 years old and Vinnie in January 2016 just a month shy of his 15th birthday. These loses have affected me in ways I would have never imagined and my heart will never be the same. I'm not sure I will have dogs again....something I really need to come to terms with.
We still have the 3 rescued pups, all seniors, and Tom's boy, Benny the yorkie. Mugzy 2.0.
I remain immersed in my business, it's all I can do to keep up and am so grateful that so many people enjoy my functional pet fashions. Someday I'll expand, I imagine....but right now it's not the time.

I've lost nearly 40 pounds since January, struggling for some sort of normalcy amidst working non-stop, a health scare or two, menopause, loss and inevitable change.
I've been cooking a lot more, finding ways to stay healthy in the next phase of life with sensible diet and lifestyle changes. We really do take our health for granted...something I am just learning in this "over 50" stage. I enjoy sharing my meal pics and recipes on Facebook and have converted more than a few people into healthier eating! I've removed dairy and gluten from my diet and most sugar except for an occasional tiramisu!

Someday I will pursue my love of photography and there's that book I've been dying to write. "Maybe next year" has turned into 5 years and I need to work on that! Life is too short for what ifs.




Tuna-Guac, my own recipe. Tuna, avocado, lemon, cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment